Sunday, January 15, 2017

New Work, New Year of 12 x 12 x 12's


12 x 12 x 12 January 2017 was created with a leftover piece of the curtain that covered the window in the studio I recently moved out of, the blue and green "holes" of a monoprinted construction fence, and lots and lots of metallic gold or metallic silver acrylic paint dots. I wanted this piece to be festive this first month of the year, and I also wanted to pay homage to my previous studio of 4 years, and give a nod to my new at-home studio.

I've only had my studio at home for a little over a week, but it's been good say far. I can work whenever I have a few moments or hours, day or night. I'm liking it.

This piece begins my eleventh year of working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Looking back over what I created in the past ten years, some of the pieces have been really good, and others not so much. 

A detail of 12 x 12 x 12 January 2017 is below.