Friday, April 28, 2017

New Work: 12 x 12 x 12 April 2017


Similarly to last month, 12 x 12 x 12 April 2017 was created with scraps from my Dates in a Life Project that were collaged over monoprinted construction fence fabric

And just like last month, I didn't have a plan when I started except that I knew I wanted to use the white fabric with the cut out circles.

I really liked how the different layers of white fabric looked semitransparent when applied over the multicolored fabric in March and I wanted to work on that idea again.

Like February and last month, I decided to use pencil, instead of paint, to highlight shapes. I like how subtle the pencil lines are.

It's really good that my studio is home now! The convenience, along with my hectic schedule, is the only way I can grab some time to make art.

This is my eleventh year of working on my 12 x 12 x 12 series. It has given me time to create one 12" x 12" x 1" piece on board each month, no matter how many other things are going on that month. It's been a wonderful opportunity for me to experiment with an idea or technique or a combination of both. Looking back over what I created in the past ten years, some of the pieces have been really good, and others not so much.