Saturday, April 29, 2017

Work in Progress: Dates in a Life Project


It's been a few months since I've posted about my Dates in a Life Project, documenting the expiration and purchase dates of my family's milk purchases in 2017. Above is the piece as it looks today, April 29, 2017.

January 2017

The written dates are the expiration dates of our milk bottles.
The white painted lines in-between the stitching mark how many bottles of milk were purchased that day. If we bought one bottle there's white below the day. If we bought a second bottle, there's white to the left of the day, and if we bought three, there's white to the right of the day. The details above and below hopefully explain everything.

February 2017

March 2017

April 2017

I am thinking about what I want to do inside the empty squares, but I haven't made any decisions yet. I do have some ideas though. Check back for more updates throughout the year.